Fashion Designing Courses Syllabus, Career & Scope
Fashion Designing has been a popular Design specialization. With the goal of becoming successful fashion designers, thousands of applicants apply each year to different Fashion design colleges. Candidates can apply for the Professional Fashion Design course at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Fashion Design is one of the most popular courses in vocational education, not only in India but also abroad. Fashion design has seen a rapid rise in popularity over the past decade. The right Fashion Designing course will open up many opportunities for those who are interested in a career in this field.
While Fashion Design and Textile Design are both closely related, there is still a significant difference. Fashion Design is a way to create clothes and accessories. The Textile Design course teaches students how to design structures for knitted, printed, or surface-ornamented fabrics.
Fashion Designing Criteria
- Graduate Fashion Design courses are open to those who have passed their Class 12 in any stream ( Science/ Commerce/ Art). Most Popular Design colleges will only allow applicants to participate in the admission process if they have graduated from an accredited school.
- Aspirants interested in Fashion Designing at the postgraduate degree level will be preferred for admission if they have successfully completed a Design course at the graduate level.
Fashion Designing Courses
Fashion Design can be pursued as an undergraduate or postgraduate course by interested students. Fashion Design students can also pursue Certificate or Diploma programs in this field.
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Arts (BA).
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology
- Bachelor of Science
Popular Fashion Designing Exams
Many educational institutions shortlist applicants for their Fashion Design program based on a design aptitude exam, followed by a review of the portfolio and a personal interview.
Fashion Design Skills
A person must have a creative and artistic personality to build a career in this field. Drawing skills are essential for aspirants. They should also be able to draw and express themselves using sketches.
Fashion Designing is a career.
Fashion industry professionals need to be knowledgeable about the various fabrics, weaves, and draping qualities, as well as colors. The following job profiles are available for candidates interested in a career as a Fashion Designer.
- Fashion Designer: Aspirants to this job can either create their own label or join a company that designs clothes. A fashion designer is responsible for styling various types of clothing, including jeans, jackets, and evening wear. A fashion designer can earn an average salary between INR 15,000 and INR 35,000.
- Fashion Marketing: This job allows profile candidates to work in clothing shops, boutiques, or outlet stores. Fashion marketers must work to increase awareness and publicize a brand, designer label, or department store. If one is interested in this field, one will need to plan, direct, or coordinate marketing programs and policies. This includes identifying potential customers and determining the demand for certain products and services. A fashion marketer can expect to earn between INR 155,000 and INR 45,000.
- Fashion Manager: People working under this profile will be expected to come up with unique ideas for clothing and accessories that a brand, designer, or fashion company should design. This profile also helps to research new ways for clothing to be promoted. An average annual salary for a fashion manager is INR 1.7 Lakh to 15.8 Lakh.
- Quality Control: The primary responsibility of a quality control manager is to establish quality standards for everything and everyone that is bought for a new collection. The quality control (QC) manager issues guidelines to each department to ensure quality in all processes and garment production. The quality control (QC) manager is responsible for ensuring that the product meets all requirements at each stage of production. A quality controller earns an average monthly salary of INR 17,422.
- Fashion consultant/personal stylist: Most people who want to be fashion consultants/personal stylists work for themselves. A good reputation in fashion is essential to make this a successful career. A fashion consultant/personal stylist’s job is to create a wardrobe that will promote their image. This profession allows people to advise others about the latest fashion trends, clothing styles, colors to avoid, how to style their hair and make-up, and how to look good. A fashion consultant earns an average of INR 2.3 Lakh annually.
- Technical Designer: People who work as technical designers decide how a garment should look and be made. They are also responsible for creating technical packages or TP. Their task begins when they are given a sketch of the garment. Technical designers typically need to add details such as points of measurement (or POM), wash descriptions, label/hang tag placement, and packaging instructions. An average technical designer earns INR 2.7 Lakh to INR 21.9 Lakh annually.
- Fashion Coordinator: They are responsible for creating a unified look and feel in all fashion departments of a department shop, design house, magazine, or other fashion outlets. Fashion coordinators must keep up with fashion trends and be able to advise companies on the best fabric, pattern, or style to produce. An average annual salary for a fashion coordinator ranges from INR 0.4 Lakh up to INR 92.4 Lakh.
- Fashion show organizers: A fashion show organizer must organize various fashion events. You must have strong connections to be successful in this field.